1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Temp Control 2001 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by erkoehler, Oct 31, 2008.

1. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Seems like whenever I turn the dial one or two clicks from cold the heat comes on STRONG! There doesn't seem to be a "mix" of the hot and cold, just gets really warm.

Also, when I set the selector to only blow down low by your feet I still get some warm/hot air out of the upper vents.

Is this normal on these trucks?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They usually are rather sensitive to temp adjustment but a simple adjustment of "two clicks" is too sensitive. That, combined with the fact that it's not directing the majority of the air to the chosen outlets can definitely be related. As to what specifically its a tough call as theirs several thing that can cause it. The HVAC control itself could be defective, one of the blend door actuator motors may be on it's way out...or slipping on the blend door shaft.

A proper scan of the HVAC system to monitor the actuator motors and commands to them from the HVAC module would narrow the possibilities way down.

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Guess I'll take it in to have it looked at......might as well use the warranty while I have it :)