1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell us about your new truck!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fawcett, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Fawcett

Fawcett Junior Member

Have you bought a new truck with in the past 2 years?

If so tell us about it!

What do you like? What do you dislike? What would you have changed if you had to go through the process again?

Also if you can, post some pics!

Thank you,

Fast Freddie
  2. Fawcett

Fawcett Junior Member

PS: The reason I ask is because I am looking to buy a new 3/4 to 1 ton truck and I am having the hardest time deciding between a Ford & Chevy. In either case, I am looking for a Reg Cab/8ft bed with 4x4.

I will use the truck to haul my landscaping equipment during the spring/summer/fall and plow with it in the winter. Please help me make a decision!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Me first,me first!!!

Go Ford with a Boss V plow!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Toyota rav 4 with a 6 foot snow way plow is the way to go.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A step up fro a Dodge with a Curtis on it.:D
  6. Whitey

Whitey Member

My recent purchase was a 2011 Ford reg cab XLT with a Wideout haven't plowed with it yet but I am sure I will love it. (last truck was a 2000 Ford reg cab with a 810 pp) Not much of a change just 11 years newer and the payment to go with it.
  7. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
  8. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Just bought a 2004 GMC 2500HD with the duramax. Love it!
  9. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Either truck will serve you well with limited problems. Buy whichever you enjoy driving even after the payment
  10. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

Got an '11 GMC 25000HD with a Duramax and installed an 8'6" Boss VXT. Have an '08 GMC 3500HD single rear wheel also. The '11 has a full box frame, as opposed to the rail frame on the '08, which cracked last winter. The new truck, according to the public relations campaign from General Motors is "plow capable" OK.......
  11. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Plowsite should add a "like" button just like the one on facebook.
  12. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

We use 2 05 gmc duramaxs with new 8.6 western v's with wings, ballast, timbrens. I also bought a new wide out for our 07 Chevy 3500 diesel. It hasn't snowed yet, getting a bit worried. Got a lot of cash tied up in.brand new equipment... I love the chevys BTW just my 2 cents.
  13. allaspects10

allaspects10 Junior Member

11 silverado hd 2500 6.0 gas leveling kit and mounted my meyer md2 off my old duramax 8' straight commercial poly wish i had the bucks for a boss but rather have a chevy than a Found On Road Dead
  14. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

If you want to put 4500lbs in the back go with a 1 ton ford or GM.ussmileyflag
    If you want to put 3500lbs in the back go with a 3/4 ton 2500HD tymusic
    If you want to put 2500lbs in the back go with a 3/4 ton F250 Thumbs Up
  15. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Actually, an f250 has payload capabilities up to 4290 pounds. Chevy is much below that. and if you want to actually look up the numbers Thumbs Up so if you want a heavy duty truck, get a ford. If you want a car that looks like a truck, get a chevy. lol JK i like chevys too
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  16. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Seems there is a way to special order or retrofit the F250 up as you specify but the vast majority of builds won't have it.
  17. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

2005 Tundra had I had to upgrade the suspension to plow. Truck came factory with a 3 inch rake which needed to be eliminated. So just changed the entire suspension to Rancho Quick Lift with MYRide. Tundra is still considered a half ton so has limitations. Do tow a 10ft dump trailer for my lawncare and have not had a concern doing this. Its a great truck that shall last many years and is a good size for residential plowing.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  18. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Get a Ford F250 with a Boss Straight Blade! ;)
  19. Hotdog1922

Hotdog1922 Junior Member

2011 GMC Denali HD Duramax with 8'6" Fisher SS Vplow
  20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

not a Ford or Chevy but pretty:D