1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Duncan90si, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I'm in need of a newer truck real soon. My friend has a truck for sale and I wanted some opinions on it.

It a 05 Dodge 2500 reg cab, Cummins, 6sp, 4wd, roughly 111K miles. He is keeping the Western plow, but the mount will stay on the truck. Its a work truck, not a lot of options, which is fine by me. It is an R-title truck. I saw the truck when he bought it wrecked and I know what he had to do to get it fixed. He is a close friend of mine. I'm not worried about it having been wrecked or having an r-title, just the decreased value of it.

He told me he'd sell it to me for $10,000. He is actually allowing me to give him $5K now and $5K in a month. Similar trucks, in my area, are going any where from 18K to over 20K.

It is very similar to this truck, but a 6sp with an R-title.
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...mission=&max_price=&cardist=39&standard=false

I think it would be a good deal for me. What do you guys think?

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Myself there is nothing wrong with a plow truck with a rebuilt title. Once you slap a plow on them or a 5th wheel hitch they are classified differently at the auto autions, normally with the dislcosure of frame damage.

By rights a rebuilt title should be worth 50% that of a normal truck. With that said the price range is almost perfect. The best part is that you know the history of the truck and saw it before it was repaired.You will love the 5.9l and the six speed manual!!

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Duncan, if it works for you, that's all that matters.

4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member