1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mackman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

id say its worth 5,500, they are great trucks, i just paid 4,500 for my 97 but i beat the lady down on the price pretty bad, she wanted 5,500.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

yes its worth it, great work trucks!....is my computer screen not adjusted right or is that interior rather blue??

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The interior is blue, the older chevy and gmcs had tan,red,blue, and I think a gray interior options.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would say its worth it, especially with only 55k on it. Other than the doors starting to rust it looks solid. If you dont jump on it I will!

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i just called the owner hes gonna take it off ebay, i offered him 5,300and he took it, i am driving out there on wed to pick it up, thanks for the link man.

7. Mackman

from S.E. PA

No problem let me know how it works out for ya. :drinkup:

8. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I think it would make you a nice plow truck mackman. I love our two gm plow trucks but thats all I have plowed with. This one is a lot like our 2000 and we have never had a problem with ours. Very reliable. We have changed all the fluids shocks brakes and an intake gasket is all. Intake gaskets are kinda common on the Vortecs. Where I work we have 2 97 vortecs that have 230,000 on them and still kicking. Just have done little things a long the way. These trucks kinda have an issue with fuel pumps too. They will start making lots of noise when they start to go out so you might want to make sure its not making noise. I was looking at this truck myself but its not blue and I really dont need another truck to find a parking spot for haha

Maybe this will open your eyes to what GM has to offer and you can trade that powerstroke for a real diesel:drinkup:

9. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Thanks for the info. Now i got to see if i got the xtra cash to spend on it. I should be saving it but i have a hard time doing that lol. So we will see. Plus im waiting on my uncle to get back to me if he can use another plow truck.

BTW never and i mean NEVER will i be anything but a FORD man. ussmileyflag

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Yea I was just kidding....the red and the blue just look absolutely hideous to me! lol

yea, until you get this, love it, then trade your pickup for a classic or NBS CCSB 2500HD/3500SRW with the Dmax rockin' under the hood......You just wait and see!

11. VIPHGM

VIPHGM Senior Member

if your looking for a truck of that year and body i would suggest a 6.5l diesel and they are going for about that price range.... that truck should be around 3500 maybe even 4000 but... like you said it has all the plow mounts on it already so what does that mean.... 55k of plowing only? and if that is truly the original miles those odometer were the old style easy to roll back idk but i would assume that

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm curious, why would you suggest the 6.5 over the 5.7 and 7.4 gas options?

13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Keep in mind that is a relay system for the plow, so you'll have to account for that or convert your next plow. The tires are shot...Brake lines and rockers are the first thing to go on that truck...I'd be willing to bet those brake lines are shot if they haven't yet replaced them. I think $5500 is a little steep myself. I've seen alot more truck for alot less money with the plow. If it were a diesel, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

Good luck.