1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell Me What U Think It's Worth

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rhino42n, Nov 27, 2007.

1. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

New to the site and looking for some help. You guys have been a wealth of information so far but need your input before pulling the trigger on a new set-up.

HERE IT IS.
    Ford 2005 F250 4x4 Crew Cab XLT 58,000 miles cloth, Automatic, power windows & locks, Factory trailer break controller, tinted windows, Magna flow exhaust, K&N air fliter, Northern brand tool box, Ford factory nurf bars, Cooper STT tires w/ approx. 20,000 miles, Rhino spray in bed liner, 8' Hiniker snowplow, Buyers 300 lb. Ice melt spreader w/ in-cab controls.' both bought in 05

truck and blade are in really good shape.

I have priced the truck out on NADA but not sure what the package is worth.

Would any of you plow vets mind running the numbers and telling me what you would pay for the set.

thanks for all who take the time to help the new guy.

EJ

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Any pictures??? You did post it in the pictures forum. As far as the truck goes 28-30K??:confused:

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i was gonna say 22k or better

4. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

thats what i was thinking on the truck it books out for around 22-23k but what about the other equipment

5. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

what size engine?

6. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

its the 8 cy gas

7. J&D

J&D Member

desiel or gas?

8. J&D

J&D Member

i agree w/ rhino420 $23,500.00(good shape) & get the left over warrenty

9. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

he is wanting to sell the set up for what he owes like 27,500.00 I thinkhe is asking too much. it is in good shape but i think it is too much. i was thinking like 24-25 k for the setup. u guys still think thats too much? the plow is only worth about 1500 on trade and i would really prefer a v plow over the st8.

is it worth 25?

10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I wouldnt pay more than 19-21k for it.

11. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

the truck itself books for that what about the plow and salter? what are they worth?

12. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

That truck is not worth what he is asking! The plow and spreader is on the good side worth 3500-4000. I wouldnt pay more than 21k-22k. Hows the frame on the truck, is there rust in the bed from the salt?

13. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I would give him 22k for everthing bc i V8 will be underpowered with a plow and spreader speaking from my own experience.

14. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

Thanks for the help, He is askling to much for it without a doubt. the truck frame and bed are in real good condition, he has but in some extras for plowing as far as the springs and such both front and back. I am concearned about the v8 being under powered, i was thinking if i buy the setup trade the hiniker straight in for a boss v plow poly. You think the truck can handle a v or should i stick with the st8 since its a v8 and not the 10.

anyone else have an opinion on what i should offer him on this setup?

15. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

I had a 1999 f 250 v8 that i ran a salter on and a blizzard 8-10 and I only saw a underpower problem when we got 18 inches of wet snow other than that It had plenty of power. I think you would be fine with the v I know w a good friend that has a ss fisher v and salter on a 06 v8 and he never said he had and problems

16. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

My profile pic is a 2003 F250 5.4l i have a western straight 8' with a western spreader, i regret every year that i didnt spend the extra money for the diesel my next one will be diesel. I think a V plow with be to much of a plow for a V8 if u actually want to move some snow. I paid 21k for mine with a plow and spreader and i bought mine in 2005. The plow that he is selling with it is a good plow and will do better on that truck but thats my opinion.