1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell me the truth about Blizzard plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Babe, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

After you all finish digging out from all that snow, let me know what you think about Blizzard plows. We are thinking pretty seriously about getting an 8-10 on a 3/4 ton pickup for next season. But I read one member's comment that they were too much like a Meyer, and that is a scary thought! :eek: So, please let me know what your experience with them has been. Thanks!
    :waving:

2. Dynamike

Dynamike Junior Member

They are the real deal

Karen, I bought an 810ss blizzard for my cat 246 skidloader around thanksgiving, it's been a great winter. I have used the plow for about 110 hrs of plowing this winter. I would not even consider another straight blade there is no comparison. I have not had any trouble at all. The production increase is huge!

3. Bossguy

Bossguy Junior Member

Karen

Hey Karen have you checked out the Boss V-Blades?
    It's a great set-up...

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Theres a lot of info on here about the Blizzards if you use the search function. I looked at one again today,they are nice,but i am honestly still afraid of them,if something happens to the plow.I know it is more productive than my 9'2"Boss but i think il lstick with the Boss ,reliability ,parts avaliablity and local dealer are the reasons mostly.

5. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

I have seen the blizard plow twice now by a salesman. They look like a very good plow. Would definitely consider getting when i need a new plow. Don't think you can beat the versatility of them!!

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Blizzard

Efficiency is tops, wouldn't dream of going back to a straight blade. No mechanical breakdowns, steady performer in all weather and snow conditions.

Am getting ready to build a snow deflector, I wish Blizzard would build the 810 with the taller molboard like their straight blade has.

Sounds like you will have a good dealer with Howard.

I'd say go for it.

John

7. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Far from a meyers very far. Its been a fantastic plow. Shaved 40% of my time my lots. In my opinion if your not running a blizzard your plowing in the dark ages.

8. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

Put a 8611 blizzard on my f450 sat. night, sunday/mon 24" + What great timing. I had a problem getting used to the controler. To get the plow to raise you have to push the joystick down- to drop the plow push up on the stick. WELL after 24 hrs in the truck I'm used to it now. I've been using fishers for 9 years and when i jump in the other truck I 'forgot' how to control the plow:rolleyes: . The only problems that I had were: 12 hrs into plowing the right wing got packed with snow so it only retracted half way and the bolts on the frame need to be retightened, I lost the right skid shoe, the plastic caps for the light bar disappeared, and I really need to add another leaf or two in the front to raise the front end.:eek:
    The plow will save some time but it very hard to tell when moving 24". I WOULD BUY ANOTHER IF I HAD A TRUCK THAT NEEDED IT.
    Any other questions pm me Joel:drinkup:

9. REED384

REED384 Senior Member

I HAVE HAD MINE FOR THREE YEARS AND OUTHER THAN MINOR REPAIRS ITS THE CATS MEOW

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Can the 810 plow be mounted to a chevy /gmc .I have read that some guys think it is to heavy.

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Joe wheres the pictures of that MASSIVE 8611 :)

Jack Laresse (Blizzard Dealer) down near me just got one in and ProSno said it really is a monster plow :)

Heres a pic of Bills F250 with the Brand new blizzard that goes on his Flatbed on it.

pa240058.jpg

12. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Jay I plan on having one installed on the 550 in a couple of weeks. I'll post some photos soon after installation.

13. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Jay theres my black truck in the back

14. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

JD,

Is there a dealer in our area now??

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Pat you were at the show????

Jay

16. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Gordo theres a dealer in Manchester NH that I'm having install the plow.

17. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was told there was one in willmington on Andover st.I think it's rpm but not sure.

18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Boudreau Service Station
    Fitchburg MA

and

Damian Diesel, Inc.
    Avon MA

are the two listed MA area Blizzard dealers.

Jay

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That was one of the addresess i got last year when i asked who sold them Lacey truck not longer carries them.I think JD's was there only one lol .

20. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Isn't the 8611 too big for an f-250?