1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell me more about these Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Woodland, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

They seem to be pretty popular and I think might do the trick for me. I do mostly residential drives but I have two larger parking lot areas that the extra blade width would be nice.

Are they really as easy to put on and take off as they claim since I wouldn't want them on for most of my accounts?

Do they wear down quickly like the cutting edge?
  2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

They are certainly a production booster. No, they don't wear down very fast...about every two seasons you need to change the rubber flaps. There is plenty of info on these if you do a search including testimonies of production increase (about 30%). They take a whole minute to put both of them on, though.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Just got some

I just put mine on today, I ordered them from CPW (sponsor) and got them super fast. They are kind of a pain to put on mostly because I think they should have come with a mounting template. Make sure you have a 1 1/8" Bi-Metal hole saw and a 3/4" Step-Drill bit. Once mounted they really do come off/go on quick. and you will want to take them off in transport, I am measuring just under 10' wide.

I got mine because I have to carry snow from one end of an "L" to the other, to reduce trail off and decrease my lot clearing time-- all for $200. I'll let you know how they do.
  4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I run half my rigs with them and half without and iam going to make some pusher parts for one of them. Iam going to keep one blade only for the curb work..
  5. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I think I'm going to go ahead and order a set. From everything I've read, they seem like a great product and there much cheaper than buying an 8' blade for the truck. Thanks for the input.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Yes they do work great. I put them on my 9' straight blade last year and love them. They really do work great when it comes to cleaning up the trail offs. Look at the picture in my signature or do a search under my name and you can see some pictures in action with my truck and get an idea of how much more snow you can push with them on.
  7. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Looks pretty cool. I went ahead and ordered some the other day. Be interested to see how much time they save on my big account. I seems like I spend half of the time up there chasing spillover.
  8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I will not plow with out mine. Just too much time savings and for all you business onwers out there that means more money.
  9. little pat

little pat Member

Once you use them on a large lot you'll wonder how you did without them.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Hey Pat I see you are from Quakertown. My father grew up in the Quakertown/Allentown area. You would not happen to know any of the Kieffers would you?
  11. little pat

little pat Member

Sorry, can't say that I do. I actually live in Springfield township which is north of Quakertown. It's pretty open here, the township refuses to allow developers in here to destroy the open space. Quakertown is nothing but housing development now.
  12. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

I've a set on the way as well. For those of you that have used them, how should I expect them to perform back dragging? Pretty much the same as just a blade, better, worse? I assume it doesn't change much with regards to stacking...
  13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I know with my BackDrag blade I had added on my Wings will be 6" off the ground when in reverse, so I won't have to worry about stressing them.
  14. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

backdrag prowings

Luv-em a must have saves a lot of time no dribble off edge great when making turns backdrags better than my cutting edge I can see the two stripes left by the rubber cutting edges cleaning closer to the blacktop
    3 actually because I have a 3rd center rubber edge on my snoway V