1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tell Me How I Did

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by americangypsy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. americangypsy

americangypsy Junior Member

Hello all, new to the industry, have alot to learn. Some good stuff on this site, I look forward to meeting you all and learning all I don't know. That will take a minute thou, lol.
    So let me know what you think, I purchased this equipment with the idea of starting small, residential and sub-contracting. So this is what I bought; 2000 Chevy 3/4 ton with 140,000 on it, it seems to have been taken care of, shifts very smooth and has no rust issues, the fella I bought it from really did seem like the decent type, in fact I believe I will be subing some BP gas stations from him. The plow is a 7 1/2 foot unimount Western, operates fine, although I have an issue with the wiring for the headlamps.
    [ i knew about this before I bought it] the plow is three years old. Gave $4500 for the set-up. I also bought, from the same guy, a Byer's tailgate spreader, model TGSO5B, seven bills for the spreader, it is a year old, in good shape. I am having my mechenic give it the go-over this week, the truck. Hope I didn't screw up, lol. Thanks for any and all input, best of luck to all of us. Joe

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear......

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sounds like a good deal on the plow. Spreader sounds a bit high to me tho.
    Make sure you change the fluid in the plow and grease up the spreader if it has grease fittings.

3. americangypsy

Thank you Hydro, appreciate the time. Joe

4. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Make sure you carrt the escentuals there is a thread hear somewhere just search for it, I would but I'm fat and lazy. You know things like a spare hose, wrenches, pins, oil, redbull, Cope. Welcome yo the site

5. americangypsy

Thanks for the heads up, 944