1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tell me about Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jeepjimmy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

i read alot of guys add "timbrens" to the front ends. i have a heavy fisher speecast G on my 88 jeep grand wagoneer. although i put new leaf springs in. would these be helpful to me? it does sag some and i figure will more in the future.. school me in on them. and do they have a kit that works on full size jeeps? thanks JIm

2. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

They have worked well on my 96 S10 Blazer with a 6'6" Western. I cranked up my torsion bars to get level and the Timbrens were more to help out while traveling and prevent bounce and bottoming out the front. They have a kit here for your Jeep http://www.truckspring.com/timbren/instructions/jfj10.pdf
  3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Nice rig to plow with. You will find that the Timbrens will make the ride a little harsher without the plow on it.
  5. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

well it sounds good. and a good idea i will look into getting. thanks. its mainly just a plow rig. so im not worried about ride quality.