1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

telehandler feedback

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowcan, Sep 3, 2008.

1. snowcan

snowcan Member

Anyone using a telehandler, thinking of trading in the backhoe.

2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

J.D.Dave has one for sale. He's even got a vid to look at. Check the equipment for sale post for the info.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the plug. I still need to take more pics but here's the thread. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=63667

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we use ours for pushing back piles and loading salt..... also have the bucket set up for a fixed plow if needed.

5. steve b

steve b Member

Leased two jcb 520's last year. 10ft blade and 12 ft box. Loved them. They did a 10 acre Target, Best Buy and 4 smaller commercial properties themselves. Very quick, drove them around town like a truck.

6. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Ive never used one have thought about them before. My two concerns have always been tranny strength (not sure if they had pushing alot of snow around with them in mind when they put them together) and the other would be the integrity of the boom (you put a 14'box out front and you hit a solid chunk on the corner I wonder if the boom would twist being that its hanging out there so far) but if some are using they must be holding up.

7. steve b

steve b Member

only extended about a foot