1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dogplow Dodge, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Smart phones, Ipad (or equivalent), and so on..

What technology are you using to make your "in truck" experience plowing more efficient ?

I have a smart phone, and downloaded and app called "Radar now".. Really cool, but I need a laptop or Ipad to be able to see it better in the truck.

Any apps you're going to be using ?

Any recommendations for technology advances specifically for your vehicles ?
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I have a smart phone with a the weather channel app. Works great!
  3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Tech is great but its just a tool in the toolbox. Keep other options open to get information. Watched a ground crew working the other day digging a bioswell the operator and supervisor lost his smart phone the whole crew was out of touch with the shop all day. They found it by backdragging the entire dig.
    If you have ever been in a blizzard or major ice storm that takes out power all you have is whats in the trucks. So we still use the KISS method.
  4. Nearbywork

Nearbywork Banned
    from Boston

GPS+customer discovery

Ok, so I'm biased as the founder, and there remains a lot to do to make this app awesome.

But, here's what my startup is working on:

5. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I have not herd KISS for a few years. I love it
    Keep it simple stupid. Last time I used it I was yelling. At my squad on a 32 day field exercises. God loves the infantry.
  6. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Accepting credit cards on the smartphone