1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tech issue?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by tjctransport, Feb 23, 2016.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

anyone else having the pages loading all wonky besides me?
    when i try to open plow site i get a blank screen, and have to scroll all the way right to see anything. started yesterday morning.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

temporary glitch or still happening? I'm not seeing any problems at the moment so if you are, or it continues, please let me know...and if you could also let me know which browser you are using, and which device (laptop, tablet, mobile phone, etc.) I would appreciate it :waving:

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Had it once on my phone last night, refreshed the page and didn't happen again.

4. Michael J. Donovan

thanks for the update Mark :waving:

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Any time.........you asked, I answered. I'm always the helpful one.

It came up as black and yellow in the address bar, never had anything like it before. Firefox on Android.

Is that better? Thumbs Up

6. Michael J. Donovan

yep, thanks again Thumbs Up

just wondering if is/was a glitch or if it is an ongoing problem...sometimes refreshing the page (as you did) will resolve it

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Been having issues on my phone where only about a quarter of the page loads. Usually have to open a new tab

8. Michael J. Donovan

have you tried closing out the browser and reloading the page as well?

9. tjctransport

still doing it, browser is firefox on a laptop running Win 8.1

10. Michael J. Donovan

ok, I will have it checked out and see if any problems on our end...also, have you tried closing it out, clearing the cache and cookies on your browser and then loading the site again?

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Mine has the problem also, but it's just on Mark's post......maybe because he's bigger then real life?

Screenshot_2016-02-23-13-10-05.jpg

12. Michael J. Donovan

where are you when this is occurring? everywhere on the site, just the homepage, specific threads, etc.?

also, is anyone experiencing this problem in a different browser? IE, Chrome, etc.? and, if possible, can you post, or send me, a screen shot...need as much info as possible for our techs to recreate the problem as I am not seeing it

13. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I use a Iphone 6; haven't noticed any issues.

14. tjctransport

have the same issue on my desktop, old gateway running firefox and win XP, and it did the same thing on my fathers 3 year old dell with Win 7 professional and google chrome browser
    sorry, i don't know how to do a screenshot.

15. Michael J. Donovan

should be able to hit "ctrl + prt sc" buttons to grab a screen shot...have you cleared the cache and/or cookies and restarted? if not, are you able to? if so, did that help?

16. tjctransport

i have logged off, cleared cache, rebooted computer, and logged back in and still does it.
    screenshot is a no go, cant figure how to copy and paste it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  17. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

After you do "ctrl prtscr" to get the screenshot, press "ctrl v" to insert the picture where you want.

18. tjctransport

still nothing.
    i go to the open tab showing the screwed up screen and hit Ctrl and PrtScr, then come to this tab and hit ctrl and V and nothing .blank window.

19. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Hit the paper clip on the post reply screen and put it in the upload file box and upload it

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  20. Michael J. Donovan

if you have grabbed the screen shot (ctrl+prt scr) then I would suggest you save it to your desktop (as a jpeg or other file). once you have done that, you can then upload here as some have described above