1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Teardrop Spotlight aka Tits?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Nov 17, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Anyone use these? Im thinking about buying one for the driver side pillar.

Where is a good place to buy them online?

Thanks Fellas!

2. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Not sure if this is what your talking about but is it the spot like that police cars come with that they can rotate around and what not? Thats what i got from what you said althought thats a circular shape as where what you were talking about was a tear drop.

Try any light stores, galls, ebay etc.

Jeff

3. PremierLand

from detroit

yes thats what im talking about. The rotating spotlights on the pillars of police cars.
    Thanks, ill look into galls

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

5. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

We used to use in all our vehicles. Hopefully they've improved them.. used to strip out the little nylon gear that turned the handle/light head. Our maintenance guy was very good in replacing them, but 9 out of 10 were broken. We finally went to good hand helds.

Source for post mounts

http://www.electerm.com/tlspot.html

"DESCRIPTION: EMERGENCY/AUXILIARY LIGHTING THAT IS AIMABLE, 6" ROUND, CHROME FINISH, H-7635 LAMP, INTERIOR HANDLE WITH FINGERTIP SWITCH, 360° ROTATION, 120° VERTICLE ADJUSTMENT, WIDE VARIETY TO FIT ANY VEHICLE "

6. ExplorerPlow

ExplorerPlow Junior Member

You can get these at your NAPA Auto Parts if you have on in your neighboorhood, Being that i Work for NAPA i know they sell, IF they dont know were to find them in the book, tell them its in the Balkamp Picture book. Hope this helps

Chris

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

They are junk, like the McDonalds guy said they strip out the plastic gear and they are prone to ther alignment problems. If you are using them on almost any vehicle except a Crown Victoria or Caprice they also tend to leak through into the pillar and rot out the bottom of the front fender.

Try looking in some boating stores, they make a remote controlled spot light that can mount to the roof that is much better and easier to mount...

http://www.boatus-store.com/webapp/...002&langId=-1&catalogId=20002&productId=66711

just another option to consider... :nod:

8. danno

danno Senior Member

Also, if you do decide to get them (gulp !), you have to drill out I think a 1" hole through the pillar.
    I did that on a 77 Ford pickup, and ended up hitting the wire that went up through the pillar to the dome or maybe the clearance lights.
    As I was drilling, I said to myself, "self, I`m starting to smell smoke !". What I did was hit the wire, and saw the whole dash board underneath pouring out smoke ! It was a wonder the truck started at all!
    This was still on a new warranty! I installed the nonworking light, brought it back to the dealer, and they had it for 3 full days ! I was sweating every minute, not knowing if they would find what I caused, counting in my head, the dollars.
    They finally called and said, we found the short, YOU did it! But just pay us 250.00. After kissing the service manager`s hand, I ended up going to church ever since !:nod:

9. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

police car spot lights

Always stripping out the gears if you have lots of drivers playing with them. I went to a spotlingt mounted on a magnet. If your not going to adjust it alot, it works fine. Can be moved around from vehicle to vehicle.

Thanks

J & B

10. PremierLand

from detroit

Well thanks guys, It seems as if its more of a hassle than its worth. So I am going to just pass on that idea, and get a handheld one.

Thanks again

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mark
    Did you find that drain plug?

Mike

12. PremierLand

from detroit

Nope. LOL. I was thinking of just syphoning the oil out.

13. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well its gota be there somewhere.

Mike

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Oh, and I almost forgot to say...

HEY, THIS IS A FAMILY PLOW SITE...What's with saying TITS !!! ;)