1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Team Storm hydraulic containment plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Babe, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

If there is a thread on this already, could you direct me to it? I did not find anything on the search. We were wondering if anyone has experience with the Team Storm 10-position hydraulic containment plow, which is featured on the back of the 2003 SIMA directory. This looks like a really versitile piece of equipment, and we would like comments from anyone who has actually used one. Do you like it, does it hold up, and would you recommend it or something different? Thank you for your input!
  2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

You might try posting in the SIMA forum.

3. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

Thanks! I have to admit that I have been having so much fun browsing through plowsite that I have neglected the SIMA site.:nono:
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I hope this doesn't conclude this thread, this is new to me and I'd like to hear more about it. Is it a type of pusher box or plow?
  5. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

It is a box plow, but instead of being fixed, the side wings are hydraulically controlled and so it can be moved into all kinds of different shapes: box, back drag box (or folded for travel), one wing forward and one wing back for fast discharge either left or right, all straight with power angle either direction, or a scoop (looks like 45 degree angle on the wings) which can also angle either direction. It also has a trip edge. It looks like they have models of various sizes for loaders, skid steers, and backhoes. Here is their web site: www.go-storm.com

Our storage site for attachments is not really very convenient to the location of our commercial accounts, so switching between a box/blade/bucket for different applications takes up travel time. We also use the Bobcat to do a lot of residential driveways. Something like this might be really nice being so versatile, but we were questioning if the wings would hold up well. It could be like the Blizzard plow - a really cool new idea but everyone is afraid of it.
  6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I have heard nothing bad about this unit. I have seen one up close (last year at the SIMA Symposium), and it seems like a good idea. However, there's alot of moving parts - and I don't like lots of moving parts on any piece of snow moving equipment.
  7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

John, how are the blizzards working out? I will probably never look at one now after starting my new job. Here 95 % of our plowing is straightline long runs.

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have seen the Storm unit in action,mounted on a big tractor.Seems to move a heck of a lot of snow,and is very versatile.He has had a few problems with hydraulic hoses so far,and that's it.Only drawback I see is the price,which was over $16K CDN.
  9. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

A lot of plow like this around here, most of them on big loader for commercial purpose. Even small pick up have Fisher plow converted like this, and most of them hanging in front of gm IFS, up to 12-14 feet of straight blade when open.