1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TD dropping eco

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grnstripes, Sep 29, 2011.

1. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

rumor mill is TD bank is dropping eco construction this winter
    dont know yet who is getting the contract

2. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

I did our local Bank of NH for 13 years, snow and lawn. Then BNH was bought out and named TD BankNorth, then changed to TD. I had 2 years left on the contracts with TDBN when TD renamed the "new" operation and was told that my contract was null because TDBN didn't exist anymore. I then get a call from an operation in NJtelling me what I would get paid to provide the same level of service as I had previously had done. After thinking it over for about a total of 2 seconds, I told the nice man, Shawn, from NJ, that, although his offer was extremely lucritive, I had to decline. They were willing to pay just under 700.00 a month for a contract that before brought in 4200.00 per month, All liabilities were on my back....No thanks. ???Maybe your branch provider got a better offer?? or got sick and tired of running a loss leader?? I was told that the "company" oversaw operations in lower Maine, all of NH, and Southern VT. If your interested in taking on the branch, ask alot of questions first, my advice for what its worth.

3. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

when they changed to TD bank from TD bank noth they went to a NSP jhonson controls / eco was that NSP that handeled the entier east cost for td. Td bank decided to drop eco contruction but have not heard if they are keeping it with a NSP or if jhonson controls still has it. i imagine they would keep it with a NSP seeing as how big they are

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

Well, ECO construction finally got what was coming to them. I worked doing lawn service them this season and it was horrible to say the least. No communication, slow pay, having locations taken for no reason at all, etc. Everyone should stay away from these people!!

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I know ECO contracted to lipinskis and then Josephs in NJ had some too.... as of last season they were still doing some... don't like to work for either company and its trouble working that far down the sub line !

6. creek1

creek1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

What's your experience with lipinski been like? I signed on for a couple targets this year a little too cheap but they're really close to my other accounts.

7. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

If it is to cheap do not do it. This is what is killing the business. These national and regional guys bid this stuff for nothing and than they find someone to do it. Not me. Chad Oberson