1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tax on "SERVICES" in Michigan...What next..

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Class Act, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Class Act

Class Act Junior Member

What is everyone in Michigan planning to do if this "TAX" goes through. I will have to raise everyone 5% to cover my extra cost. Will the competition all react with price increases or will it be the same old same old with "Cheap Rates"

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

cheaper......

Lowballers and I plow for drugs and booze money crowd,as they do not collect or pay taxes..

I'm in MN so you have fun with that....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  3. Billz

Billz Member

I will charge them the same, and add the sales tax...not a real biggie really.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Another example of democrats promising everything to get elected then doing the only thing they know how to try to accomplish it. Raise taxes. What a joke.

Soon this country will be like France where people now have the attitude of, "why work".

They have such outrageous taxes to support what they "promised" that it is now a 1 to 1 ratio. The workers there are quitting in droves because of it and who can blame them when basically the government promises to support them as long as they vote for them.

How much longer are we going to take of this nonsense from both sides of our politicians?

Hell if you go to a service ,err, excuse me. If you go to a self serve refueling station you will see now that they have air machines now. It cost money to inflate your tire if you are low. Well that my friend is just a way to have the air taxed. So you can now say that yes the air we breath is taxed.

/rant

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

you can thank granholm for that one. i am so fricken pissed off right now, i heard that yesterday on NPR and havent been in a good mood since. we already have the small business tax how much more do we need, i already pay a minumum of 35% now i have to pay a minimum of 40%!!!!!!!!!!WTF. almost half the time i work it will be for taxes. she is doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done, she needs to be giving tax breaks to new small businesses to keep them in the state not scare them off with more taxes. plus if we just pass it on to the customers its just going to widen the price gap between legitimate businesses like us and the weekend warriors. next we are going to get our guns taken away and we will be just like newyork- high crime rate, high taxes and no guns to protect ourselves except we dont have the money or economy newyork has. this state is going to become a cespool

6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

now thats bull .... ohh but everyone one get FREE college for 2 yrs ...... wheres all the state LOTTERY money going ?????

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

So using the money from plowing for booze is wrong? I better stop plowing then. :)

8. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

There is no way that is going to pass!
    I wish the Feds would step up and charge her in the McNamara's scandal, but I read they are waiting for her to get out of office.

Come on, the Lottery money is going to the schools.
    Last year Michigan's lottery raised $688 million for michigan schools.
    After everyone fills there breif cases with there fair share, they split the difference between the schools.
    $4190.00 divided by 838 public schools in michigan = $5.00 each

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Not that there is anything wrong with that.;)

10. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

11. Class Act

Class Act Junior Member

Read the front page of the News today. Good point of what happens if a Michigan company uses a Ohio based firm to develop a product,then they in turn outsource it to a company in Utah...WHO PAYS THE TAXES?????? We get screwed. I have eaten every cost increase to stay alive. I wish everyone in this industry would set their prices to what they should be and we wouldn't have this problem. We are all on different playing fields. I support a family and can't compete with an "illegal" "fly by the seat of their pants" company. My employee has a family, he needs a raise. I have seen written bids in 2007 for work in this industry that I charged 15 years ago. Something with this industry is broken and it needs to be fixed!.....

12. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

shhh you are not suppose to talk bad about our politicians....

We had this jerk just come into the news this past week or so. 105 tickets in less then two years.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/01/31/city_councilors_abuse_of_power/

Seems that one of the reasons that he got the tickets is that he had no resident sticker allowing him to park at his home in Boston as he had the car registered in another town to save on insurance and taxes.

The kicker is with this politician scum is that during his election he made promises on getting tough on parking violators, all the while being one of the worst violators in the city.

Even so much that he was trying to get more revenue for parking fines to fund other parts of the city..

http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com...epress.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

As we have learned of late it is "Do as I say not as I do". I am reminded of this even at the lowest level when I see a state tropper doing 90 down the highway

End of rant.......Sorry.

13. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

its time for a revolutoin these muta fuckers dont pay for a thing and give
    everything to the illegals while my grandparents had to eat dog food
    and got kicked out of their house cause they couldnt pay the taxes
    washington should be nuked............:gunsfiring:

14. firelwn82

As we have learned of late it is "Do as I say not as I do". I am reminded of this even at the lowest level when I see a state tropper doing 90 down the highway

End of rant.......Sorry.[/QUOTE]

On this note. I was pulled over by a Blue bubble gum machine a couple years back. He told me I was speeding, So I told him to slow down because I was following him. I was following him down I-75 and he switched lanes slammed on the brakes and got behind me. So needless to say I told that blue bellyed dill hole that I would fight it till the day I died then I told him about all of the traffic infractions that I noticed while following him. Not to mention the Careless driving stunt he pulled by slamming on the brakes to get behind me. He didn't think it was to funny, but I didn't get a ticket either. :D

15. firelwn82

I second that slice. Thats like Social security Taxes. Why am I at 24 still paying this? I will never see it EVER!!! I should be getting this money back and investing it myself. :realmad: :dizzy:

16. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

Hi,
    I heard about this to, why don't you call the Governor's office and tell them what you think of it. If it dose pass:realmad: they won't lower it either, it will go up and up and up..............
    This needs to be stopped before it gets farther out of hand.:help: :help: :help:

17. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

I wish there was something we all could do about it

18. Billz

Billz Member

The problem is, I think it WILL pass. Alot of states already have this, and why do they care about us? We are just the dirty guys they hire to cut their grass, and keep their driveway clear...They will probably vote themselves a 6% raise the same day! :yow!:

19. Class Act

Class Act Junior Member

That's Ok...I plan on raising their price...Hope everyone in this industry follows.....

20. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

Write your senator/congressman. Tell them why you're concerned. I'm not as worked up over it as I was, but, it will still be a hardship for some of us smaller guys with no office staff. Bigger accounting bills to track the money. More man hours in the office instead of selling and producing. We're just a middle man in this deal and 2% won't drive away business, but it's still a pita. I'm already wringing my hands over the churches, farms, and schools I do that are tax exempt and having to fill out forms, etc... My concern is how much population and new business we'll drive away, keep away from MI with this. We need bodies in MI. That's why we're low on revenue, everyone is leaving. Adding new taxes is a short term answer. Let's find a way to ATTRACT people, not keep them away.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007