1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Target lot with Backhoe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hotshot4819, Nov 20, 2011.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

hey guys.
    wondering your opinions....

I have a 1979 case 580 2x4 with a 12 foot pushbox.
    Do you think this machine will handle that size pushbox. and do you think that setup along with a skid steer and push box can handle a target?

if not i need to start looking at other options..

2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I don't think a 2wd backhoe will push that too well. I have a 2006 Cat 420 4x4 with a 12ft pusher and when its loaded with snow it gets hard to push. As far as the lot, I have no clue if that is enough to handle it. Kinda need more info on the lot.

3. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

YOur 2 wheel drive hoe will spin alot with that box if you must use it put all the weight you can on the back.

4. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

we push with a 2wd hoe with a 10 ft pusher. It has no problem with it as much snow as the pusher can hold it pushes wet or fluffy just cannot steer it point in the derection u want and go

5. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

that was my fear....i guess i will have to look for another option.. not exactly what i want to be doing...

6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I had a sub that had that exact hoe and it did ok with a ten foot. 4x4 works better but we made do and we ended up using it the most out of the three backhoes that year. We had really long pushes compared to most targets parking lots. I think you would be ok but just have to not take to much of a bite.