1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Haden61, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

Looking for anyone with information on a company that has the Target contracts called Dentco Enterprises, Inc. out of Dewitt MI. We are looking to preform the snow and ice control for a location. Do they pay their bills on time (30 days)? Good or bad to work with is another question. Any help would be helpful, thank you Haden61.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

3. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

4. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

Thanks for the info. Haden61
  5. Foz

Foz Senior Member

I worked for Dentco 2 or 3 years ago on Toys R Us, we got paid on a regular schedule, just needed to send signed paperwork after service, we faxed everything!
  6. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

I will mention faxing, I appreciate the comments. Sounds like they will be ok. It is the first time we are working for someone that they set the price. I am not sure but it is about 25% more than our company was going to charge. $2 per minute is our rate and they pay me $60 per our as a sub and they own the front and back plows etc. Thanks again Haden61.
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Haden61, your company charges $120/hr and Dentco is paying $150/hr? I've never worked for them but I think I'd be pretty careful, especially if they're paying that without even asking for a bid to see if you'll bid less.
  8. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I'd take on work from Dentco again in a minute after working with them in the past!
  9. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

I have not seen the contact, boss just said that he was surprised that the contract was for more. He expected them to low ball. Haden61
  10. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I worked for US Maintenance last year and they stiffed me for roughly $5,000. They bid too low nationally and screw their contractors for it. I know of three other contractors, two of whom are members on this site, who've had similar outcomes.:realmad:

ROSELAWN Member

:gunsfiring: DENTCO!!!!! They flat out illegally withheld $750.00 from me for things they have no proof of, not to mention they couldn't bid their way of a room full of doors!!