1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tank switch

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jkiser96, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Hey guys I have a 1995 Ford truck with dual tanks but it won't switch tanks when I flip the switch. I am going to replace the switch today but was just getting ahead of the game in case it could be something else. Any ideas would be helpful & appreciated. Thanks

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try changing the switch. Is it just one tank that does not work or both? The repair manual says that each tank has it's own tank switching. When power is fed to the tank it's the one that delivers the fuel and gets the return fuel. Check your pig tails leading to the tanks. One may be damaged. Check your ground wires under the hood. The ground lead is fed to the pumps from under the hood. Have some one switch the tanks while you listen with a cup help to the tank. See if you can hear the pump noise in each tank. You may have a bad pump relay too if they used one for each tank. My book does not show the duel tank wiring,just single tank systems.

3. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

check test the relay

4. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

working now

Thanks guys I took the dash apart & messed with the plug on the switch & it seems to be working. Just in time since they are calling for 2-4 here in Indy tonight and this is my salt truck.

5. fordzilla1155

check test the relay

6. fordzilla1155

oops glad to see it is working

7. MickiRig1

Any more problems ask away.

8. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Thanks

Thank You I really enjoy this site & it definitely has plenty of people that know a little bit about everything. I am glad I got it working the last 2 nights I have went through way too much gas to keep using one tank. My driver likes it too so he isn't out filling it up all the time and freezing.

9. MickiRig1

At least it did not cost you anything but time.