1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tall piles made with pickup trucks + plow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by DFLS, Feb 21, 2013.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

shoot , you guys dont carry spare wipers ??? i swap mine out every few hours when i cant see . Rain-X helps big time along with an overheated windshieldThumbs Up
  3. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I do carry spare wipers. This storm had brand new ones. The main reason the wipers were on high was for the camera - so it didn't focus on the windshield. Next time I will use the focus hold...
  4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

man that pile could almost dunk lol
    i'm glad i just bought a power v myself.
    you always have high stacking deep snow videos, don't plow with the storm?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

oh my gosh, i've never seen anybody go back and forth so much pushing piles! i kept wondering when you where gonna push threw .......................you didn'tLOL
  7. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

DLFS- Is that the "spare" plow truck sitting under the snowbank? Any pictures of it?
  8. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

The white one I use mostly for pulling the landscape trailer and carting kids around. It is a little long for tight driveways and there is no pull plow on it and stock tires. It is a backup for plowing, both plows fit both trucks too. The 9'2 plow on the white truck is used but looks new. Boss plows are (mostly) interchangeable. Here is a bed full of fresh powder, the wind kept the snow level with the sides of the bed.

That is a natural drift on the hood/windshield/roof.
  9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

heres a shot of the new plow from this morning

10. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

wanna sell the backup plow??? hahaha, super nice condition.
  11. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

12. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

From the blizzard 2 weeks ago. Not bad for a 1/2 ton jap truck with a 7'6" Snoway, lol.

13. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Always plow with the storm, except Nemo/Charlotte. My other videos with untouched deep snow are mostly accounts that can wait or owners are in Fla.
  14. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I'll sell my 8'2 power V for $3000 (without truck mount or controls) it does have the rubber flap and formed cutting edges
  15. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Can you make a walk around video of your truck setup??....I sure wish I had a V plow for this storm.....It was a PIA with my 8' straight blade. Looks like most of your accounts have people with lots of $$$$ I see one with a personal tennis court and most are big houses.
  16. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Here is the only pile pic I have...its gotten a little bigger.

17. 1olddogtwo

heres another shot

18. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

You're cheating the plow is holding up the pile... haha
  19. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Yeah I have a few with $$$$ but most don't like to part with it. Lots of smaller ones too though, 40 total. Here is a vid I made 5 years ago the truck is now black where it was silver, I replaced the plywood sides with real wood and the rear facing strobes have been replaced with Whelen tir6 LEDs.
  20. 1olddogtwo

I was checking the cutting edge wear from the drivers seat....LOL