1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Talk me out of installing a 10.5 V-2 on this truck

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Chipper, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Chipper

Chipper Member

Been going back and forth whether or not to put a Meyers 10.5 V-2 on the truck pictured below. Truck will be used for residential driveways. Its an 2000 International 4700 Low Pro with an auto trans, 12 foot dump. I know the main issue will most likely be the 2wd but I will run chains and a bed full of dirt/sand. Most of the driveways are gravel. Some are very long and I have a lot of drifted shut driveways to deal with.
    My last truck was a F-350 4x4 diesel with a 9.5 MVP. Worked great I just couldn't live with the 6.0l diesel anymore.
    Does anyone have a similar setup? How does it work? Would anyone recommend this option or something else??? Forget about it you'll be stuck ALL the time....

018 (2).JPG
  2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Good tires and a few tons of weight in the back and you should be ok. Might do a lot of plowing in the V position but it will work. You just have to learn how to use it.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When you say driveways do you mean private roads?
  4. Chipper

Chipper Member

I suppose they should be considered private roads. Some of them are long enough, 300-400yards. Lots of people will buy 40 or 80 acres plus and build way off the public asphalt road for privacy. I'd say my average driveway is 100 yards plus, then 2-3 300 yard plus with a couple normal 75 foot shorties just to round it out.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well then, that's ok. If it was a regular driveway you'll be in the neighbors drive backing up!
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Does Meyer make a mount for that truck? I would be looking for some sort of warranty/agreement that they will buy the plow back if it's hamburg after one season.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think the truck will handle the blade (depending on the operator) My question is how do you expect to do drives with that big a truck?
  8. Chipper

Chipper Member

The truck really isn't that much bigger than the 06 F-350 dually 4x4 reg cab that I used last year. When parked next to each other the 4700 is only about 1-2 foot longer. Its about the size of a Ford super duty ext cab dually. Actually has a tighter turning radius than my F-250 by quite a bit.
    The mount may be an issue. The local Meyers dealer is also one of the area's biggest large truck fab shops. They custom build dump bodies and trailers for class 7-8 trucks. "They" aren't concerned about the mount and say their willing to make whatever is needed.
    All my plowing is done in a very rural area. I leave the in town stuff to the other guys.
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

But will the blade handle the truck?

If he makes a custom mount, for a non-approved application, is Meyer going to stand behind the product? That would be my concern.