1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

talk about GUTSY!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dayexco, Jan 21, 2010.

1. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

do a target store here for USM, agreed on annual contract price last sept.....just got off the phone with gal from USM, and wondered if i could reduce my rates for the rest of the season? i mean, what the hell....price was good enough in sept....but no more? when is target going to wake up. it'd be my guess should i have volunteered a discount...it never would have made it back to target.

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

So whenever you need some extra cash could you call USM up and ask for an increase in your rates?

3. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

i've done this lot for about 15 yrs. now...at first, we dealt with target itself., zero hassles...then one year went to dentco...not "too" bad...then USM...USM, in my opinion is a slow pay, they're constant calling is driving me nuts...i deal personally with the manager at the store for services needed and we get things done the way she wants it done long before store opening. we'll have the lot done for couple of hours, send crew home, everybody's sleeping....they call and ask us when we're going to get there...i tell them it was done 3 hrs. ago....why the hell don't you call the store and confirm before you just sit and look at your storm front on the puter screen and bother your contractors.....and now this b.s....

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Sooo.... what was your answer!!

5. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

what did Flo say on the tv show Mel's Diner? i think it was ...."when donkey's fly"

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

What was the reasoning behind a pay cut? Their bills getting too high cause they didn't charge target enough. They hold you to their contract, so you should hold them to the contract yourself.

7. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

that's my intent!!!

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Also, "Kiss my GRITS!":D

Glad to here you didn't give in, that's BS.wesport

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

GREAT!!!!! The reason these companies do that crap is becasue they think we are all dumb plow jockies and somewhere down the line some have given in.

BTW, looks like your going to get pounded this weekend with snow. Burry USM in it.:laughing:

10. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

There are 1506 Threads about USM on here...Doe's this surprise you..Did you read any of them...:help:

11. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

now they are probablygoing to find a reason to fire you and not pay you ANY of the money

12. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Easy now, your gonna give him a heart attack:D

13. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

sad but probably true, i get the impression that USM gets theirs one way or another

14. xtreme Contract

xtreme Contract Junior Member

Thats what they are doing over here i have talked to a few guys that they said the same thing to. and sad to say to weeks later they were fired for "pore performance". Now they have companys taking care of them on a per time basis