1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taking your best friend plowing with you

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MOW ME OVER, Jan 1, 2005.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Do any of you take your dog or dogs out with you when you go plowing if it will only be for a couple of hours? I can see where it could be a big pain in the butt, but if its only for a couple of hours then it might be nice to have the furry friend there for a little while.
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Last year I took my 2 year old Golden with me, this winter she will have company we have a 6 month old Golden Puppy.

Regards Mike
  3. jimslawns

jimslawns Junior Member
    from Mid MO

I always take atleast one of the boyz with me, If my dad is running the other truck he takes the other. My boyz are content to ride as long as you'll let em'

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Got My Dog Plowing Driveways.

Actually, I got my small dog while I was plowing driveways. I was plowing my cousin's driveway on my quad when all of a sudden, this little brown dog comes up to me, and wants to get on. So I let him get on that back seat on the quad and he stays there the whole time I'm plowing, even when I'm ramming snow banks. When I'm done, I let him off and tell him to go home, he does, MY home. So I take him home, feed him and clean him up. Put up "Did you lose your dog" signs around town, but nobody calls about him. It's been a year almost 2 years later and he (Denver) still loves to jump on the quad (or in the truck) and go plowing with me. :)
  5. ak_fleming

ak_fleming Junior Member

my dog loves it. He really likes it when I open the rear slider so he can stick his big head out. I guess he likes to see where we've been.
  6. MLB

MLB Senior Member

consider safety too

what happens if you bang a curb or something?
  7. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

It's fun until you put the poor guy into the dash board or windshield... I wish I could bring a dog with me, but my brother still has a good scar from not being belted in back in the late 60s. My dad hit a banking a little too hard and sent him flying in the dash.
  8. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I like my dog to much to take him with me in a regular cab truck. If I had a crew cab I would try to keep him in the back seat which would be difficult. It's too great a risk in a regular cab to take the dog plowing. I have even tried dog seat belts but Zeke wasn't going for being belted in. Think twice before risking your best friend's health.
  9. caz41

caz41 Member

I've bounced my dog off the dash a few times. He just jumps up looks at me and goes back to looking out the windows and wagging his tail. He goes with me for the duration every event. You know what they say about labs being hard headed, he doesn't seem to mind a bit.