1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

taking stainless skin off

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by duramax03049, Nov 22, 2008.

1. duramax03049

duramax03049 Junior Member

my first post i believe on the forum. getting ready for this years snow, i was wondering if anyone has unbolted their xblade stainless from the frame. i want to repaint the rusty black areas and dont want any getting on that shiny stainless. im assuming its just the bolts on top. is it a ***** to put back in??

any help wold be appreciated

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Just a thought, but would it be just as easy to use some poster board and masking tape to cover the stainless part? I've never looked to see how the mold board was held on, so maybe I'm way off.

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looking at the Extreme V it's the bolts on top, and it's pinched in the bottom, by the trip edge, assuming you can move the trip edge i would think you could get it out, but I would likely go tape, over removal, unless the bracing is really bad.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I would be worried that the panel is stressed in there. Meaning when you take it out it may spring back towards flat and it may take many hands or more to get it back in place.

5. PLOW_GUY

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

if you unbolt the top and lean it forward some then just pick it up . it sits in a channel above the trip edge. so long as there is no damage to it you should have no problem at all. i would suggest new brass lock nuts when your done though.
    good luck painting.
    Scott