1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taking sander through the carwash.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ProEnterprises, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

This may be a dumb question,but forgive me. I have a snowex sand pro1875 tailgate spreader on my truck, can I take this through the carwash? It is a rolling carwash, so machiners hitting the sander will not be an issue, I just did not know if the water, soap, etc would harm the sander?
  2. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

does not sound like a good idea !!!!
  3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I would not!
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

bad idea and the car wash wont be responsible for any damage that might happen.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

if its a touchless carwash shouldnt be a problem. if it has brushes might not do any damage but do you really want to be the test dumbie

6. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Take the sander off to wash the truck or go to a bay wash, get the pressure gun and be prepared to get hopelessly dirty and wet :jester:
  7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Why dont you just take your truck to the do it yourself car wash. Take a handful of quarters and spray everything down. You'll probably do a better job than any automated car wash would do anyways.
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I live near proent. and there are zero do it yourself carwash bays around here.makes it a real PITA to wash down the trucks after the storms.
  9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Sounds like a business opportunity
  10. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

land is too expensive here for a diy place, the only way carwash places around here survive is with $5/min washes
  11. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

if it were me, i would not want to be the test subject
  12. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'll tell you what I do... I don't waste my $$ at the self serve bays etc... I keep my garden hose in the heated garage... And after every event I pull out the hose and attach the overhead sprinkler to it and put it under my truck for an hour or so right next to the street drain.. People think I'm nuts but it does the trick. :cool:
  13. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

I like the idea of the under car wash from home,,,,

i would still consider the coin car wash, I spend 6 - 7 $$ everytime i go through & I just rinse,,, no soap or detergents !!!

I do sometimes if theres time left, set the setting to wax, and spray the truck down. ( whatever that does )

thats my 2 cents,,, it'll cost'ya a dollar. j/k
  14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's awesome!!
  15. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

park on an incline and hose it with water. run it empty a minute and spray all moving parts with break away/wd-40. it wont freeze. its salty!
  16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The most common, but anyone use just plain ol' diesel fuel in a chapin sprayer? I'd assume it would work good, especially on conveyors and spinners.
  17. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it does, but wd is a penatrating oil.