1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taking Plows Off now.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PerfiCut L&L, Dec 31, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I think I'M GONNA TAKE THE PLOWS OFF TOMORROW, PUT THE SALT SPREADERS AWAY, AND STACK THE SALT PALLETS UP IN STORAGE. Getting tired of looking at this stuff just sitting out their.

*whispers... thought if I said it loud enough we'd get some snow.....;)

2. aus316

aus316 Member

YEAH YEAH thats the ticket threaten the snow gods:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

oh come on, that method wont work:jester:

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My plow have been off for about 2-3 weeks now. Salt spreader is still on but yeah I'm tired of looking at it too. I gave up on complaining about the lack of snow last week, all focus is on mowing now. I dont even watch the weather anymore,lol. There is nothing as of today in our 10 outlook for temps. to even be close to freezing.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

The weather man is saying there is suppose to be a change in weather patterns in mid January. I guess the cold air is finally going to come...We'll see if he's right.

6. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Listen if you guys want it to snow then every state meets to have one of the meeting like we had yesterday here in Mass. Then it will snow everywhere just like it snowed here. Only if everyone does it we will get two feet instead of inches.

7. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Yeah and they predicted a year with a lot of hurricanes, too! Not that I wanted any, but they were dead wrong. As I understand it, they said they would know more about this Winter..... by March...:jester:

Didn't they say, around September / October that this would be a colder and heavier than usual winter? And then El Nino came out of nowhere.:mad:

8. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Winter only started 2 weeks ago and you are giving up already?

9. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Bingo!!!

I think i finally understand it. If we all take our plows off and put everything away in storage the snow gods will open the clouds up and dump many inches on us and catch us off guard!!!:nod:

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. I mean there is only three months of winter left. :rolleyes:

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

its so warm here i havent even gone to get my salt yet

12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

My plow has been off. Granted I just bought it on tuesday but since i brought it home, its been in the garage

C'MON snow!

13. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Everything is now put back in storage. I think for kicks I might even get out the lawn mower and cut my grass tomorrow.

14. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

Ya i think that would be somethign to write down in the record books. Cutting the yard on new years day.. wow
    Our yard is green and about ready to be cut. What do we call this crap!!! ITS SUPPOSSED TO BE SNOW!!!!!!

15. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Talked to a lawn customer on Saturday night. He said the guy across the street from him was out on his riding mower going over his yard.

I started my Lazer z up on Wednesday as well as a walkbehind. I still have the same salt I had left over from last year too. Still to early to think about throwing in the towel. Acutally I am going to power wash the mowers off this week b/cause I have yet to do that from the end of the year.

16. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i miss my plow so i put it on but im about to go take off or tonite :drinkup: :drinkup:

17. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

I wouldn't be so fast to take it off in the north central plains. Expecting 2-4 inches before midnight here in MN. It finally has arrived. Hopefully it won't melt off to quickly w/ the warmer weather though that is expected for Wed. and Thurs. Hopefully the snow keeps the temps. down, so this stuff sticks around.

18. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well the only thing i can say is that the U.S. is having a unusual jet stream .... but i remember a while back going through the same stuff ... then just when you got prepared for summer grass cutting wham ... 8 inches ...

19. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I took it to the next level! Not only did I take the plow off, but also took the sander out of my truck and rebuilt the lights for the plow.

20. Mr frosty

Mr frosty Member
    from canada

yah they are calling for snow here in a couple of hours about 2'' then 8" of rain and to be worse its going to be tshirt weather all week now:dizzy: