1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

taking pictures of finished product????????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by morris masonry, Dec 1, 2010.

1. morris masonry

morris masonry Junior Member

I have had some problems with people saying that they need the driveway done every two inches andussmileyflag when we get 8-10 inches there shocked that it got plowed 3-4 times.... i have thought of taking pictures but how would i prove that I did it 3 to 4 times if they never seen me doing it???? I want to be fair and I want the customer to KNOW that they have been treated fairly... Its tuff i know but let me hear some ideas please!!!!!!!!!ussmileyflag:drinkup:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. morris masonry

thanks

and thanks to anyone who replies
    :waving:

3. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite :waving:

You can leave a service slip on their door each time you visit. Use it like a work order stating the date & time of service, all services performed, current snow accumulation and weather conditions at the time of service. This way when they wake up or get home, they'll see exactly when and why you were there, so when they get the bill, they can compare the work order to the invoice and eliminate any questions and confusion. Of course, the easier way to eliminate the problem is for them to sign a seasonal contract, than it won't matter to them how many times you plow! Good Luck! :drinkup:

4. morris masonry

hello......................
    :gunsfiring:

5. morris masonry

thank you that will be helpfull.wesportwesport

6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Cut your exhaust off at the headers and open the spool valve for your plow's lift cylinder wide open.

If the loud truck doesn't make them notice you, the busted asphalt from slamming a 1000lbs plow down a dozen times will.

7. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

I would agree with him. While I'm an amatuer in the snow world, that's how we do it where I work. I work for an apartment management company, in the maintenance department. When we have a WO and the tenant is not home, we leave a tenant copy of the WO stating the date and time we were there and what we did.

That makes the most sense to let your customers know when and why you were there.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a camera should have a date and tine stamp on it

9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That was my thoughts. Even if they question the date and time stamp you can right-click on a photo and click on the "properties" of a photo and it should have the date and time in it also.

Photos I would think you could send via e-mail to your tech savoy clients and print photos for the ones who aren't.

If you have absentee clients, go on-line and look up MW Snap. It's a tool where you can take screen shots of your computer desktop. I did this multiple times last year for a client who was always traveling, and sent her e-mails with the documentation and invoice. I used MW Snap to take screen shots of weather radar and local on-line newspaper articles

http://mwsnap.en.softonic.com/

10. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Text them a pic each time you start and finish. Either they will then believe you or be so annoyed at getting pics sent to their phone at 0530 that they will tell you to quit and just pay you.

Chad