1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taking care of a 24hr store???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtyscag, Dec 19, 2013.

1. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

This year we have a Walmart it is not a big deal to plow we have that part down. My issue is after getting the rest of the parking spots clear bc as you guys know people are not smart enough to park in a clean spot. I am looking for any ideas on how to deal with it or what you guys do?

2. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

I've used the snow to wall off sections so I can plow them. You still get the occasional idiot who wants to park where I haven't plowed yet, but most people get the idea. During the middle of the night Walmart isn't that busy around here, so we can get 90% of it. After we get the lot about 3/4 of the way clear, the manager will have employees move to areas we've already cleared.

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

2-4 am you'll see mainly employee cars, and only a few people out at that time. Wall off sections if possible. If you can't get 100% you can't get it, plain and simple.

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

A good smart manager of the Wal-Mart will be a big help.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

ok there.:D

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha, good luck!

7. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Thanks guys!!! Our store manager is very helpfull so that should work!