1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taking a link out of the conveyor chain

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DuallySnoPusher, Nov 24, 2008.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I am out of adjustment and have a pretty good amount of play in the conveyor chain. I know that you can take a link out but i have never done it and was wondering if there was any tricks or advise that anyone can give me.
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Just grind off the heads of the rivets, pop out the pins and the link you want gone then just use a bolt to put back in place of the pin. Just be sure to double nut or nyloc nut the bolt in place so that it isn't tight up against the link and cause it to bind.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What Big Dog said and just make sure there is not a half link or a full link already addded that you can just take out. If the spreader is off your truck it's much easier to do it from the front.