1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Take The Whole Bumper Off?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Allagash, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I'm installing my Blizzard 800 tomorrow and I looked everthing over today before I start tomorrow. I've got a few questions as my plow is used and it didn't come with mounting instructions for the mount.

Do I need to take the entire bumper off or just the brackets that give the bumper added support on the sides?

Is it better to take the plastic piece below the bumper completely off or just notch it out?

It appears that the side brackets that the pushbar attaches to has three large bolts that bolt to the frame. Is this the "new" style mount?

Do I need to drill any holes in the frame for the bolts to pass through, or are they all pre exitsting holes?

Do the funny looking rods on the nuts enable you to slide the nut down the inside of the frame so you can get the nut started? I've actually got 4 rods total and the bolt furthest back on the mount has a couple of flat pieces of metal about 4 inches long on them.

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more. Any quick pics of someone's mounted frame on a 1999 to 2004 Ford Superduty taken from the wheel well area would be great.
  2. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

No Superduty guys out there swinging their own wrenches nowadays?
  3. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Through trial and error and a call to the Blizzard Corp I got it mounted and it looks awesome. For anyone interested, I answered my own questions down below: