1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Take a look?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bdlawncare, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Hey guys having trouble pricing this driveway wondering if you could help me out. don't really understand this whole per push thing... I have a few driveways all different sizes.. Some large some very tiny... So here are my questions....

Do you charge more per push on a larger driveway or do you just come more often for a greater end total? I will post a pic of a driveway that i do and if someone wouldn't mind could you give me a storm scenario with per push pricing...

I usually just charge one solid fee for under a foot and anything over i will charge extra.... I am open to new ideas though since i am getting into this a little more seriously...

You guys are very knowledgable about this topic and i am always open to advice... Thanks!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

45-50 bucks per push, That's a standard size driveway in my area. Watch out for the brick (use plow shoes) you don't want to pop any up and destroy the driveway.

Also note that's a cake driveway to plow, Shoulden't take more then a few minutes to plow it.
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

you aren't going to plow that with a steel edge plow are you?
  4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Why not?

I can't see the brick harming a steel edge.
  5. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

thanks... and what do you feel would be fair for an average size residential drive.... per push of course?
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This is your second thread asking the same thing. You got great advice on the first one. Grandview suggested $350 per season for the first driveway, so how about $400-450 for this one. That brick is going to be a liability for you, so be carefull and throw shoes on like it was suggested. I'd price that driveway pretty good in case you have to go back and fix some brick, unless the home owner waives any liability on you for brick damage. IN WRITING!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Personally I wouldn't do this type of drive unless I had a pipe attached so it wouldn't catch any bricks. I circled some possible trouble spots for that reason.

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Salt will eat the bricks if its hungry too......
  9. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict