1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

take a look please

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PremierLand, Apr 27, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

sorry for all the threads lately, but I need a truck by next week, at the lastest.

I came across a 01 f250 with 52k miles, reg cab, xl, auto, v8, with a plow. hes asking 13.9. If I could get it for 12.5, that'd be awesome, plus by saving money I can get an enclosed trailer, convert the truck to power windows and locks, and tint it, etc. should I consider it, or just keep on looking?

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...fset=25&engine=&lang=&fuel=&doors=&cardist=37

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Its a better deal than the other one !

Note the price difference ? It pays to shop around................

Have a good shop check it out.....Esp. the 4x4 stuff and ball joints !
    good luck !.............geo :drinkup:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. PremierLand

from detroit

ya I will deff. have it checked out if I go look at it. Now im just inbetween the green xlt ext cab that is in new york for like 17k, or this one for prolly like 13k

4. PremierLand

from detroit

wel its sold. i kinda have my heart set on that green one. but I really hope I find something close to home!!!

5. PremierLand

from detroit

what do you guys think....

one is a 2000 chevy silverado 2500hd, extended cab, long bed, loaded, 74k miles and hes asking $13,500 OBO..
    and the other truck is a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500hd, Regular cab, Long bed, work truck model long bed, with 34k miles with a 2 year waranty, and it comes with a plow, but hes asking a few grand more. but again it has less miles and a plow, however its not a extended cab!

I really want an ext cab with a long box, but the other one with the plow has the waranty left on it. Its a tough choice.

the service manager at a chevy dealer told me to get the one with the plow and waranty... but im still itchin for an ext cab. LOL.

before I drop a bunch of money on a truck I wanna get peoples oppinions, im sure im annoying everyone with my stupid truck posts, but it'll only last a few more days, I promise, LOL....

whatcha think between the two chevys?

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Did a little searchin for you to help. I am not sure what exactly your price range is but on the Auto Trader search I put 16000 for the max. It might be alittle high, I dunno. I also put the search for under 60,000 miles and a 200 mile radius of the zip code 48201. It was one listed for Detroit. Again I was unsure as to how high you were willing to go.

2000 3/4ton Chevy regular cab 41,xxx miles It does have the plow prep.
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ng=en&doors=Four+Door&fuel=&cardist=88#vdptop

2000 3/4ton Chevy regular cab OBS w/myer plow
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j..._style=TRUCKS&lang=en&fuel=&doors=&cardist=39

1999 3/4ton Chevy ext cab NBS 41XXX
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...style=TRUCKS&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=125

2000 3/4 ton Regular cab GMC OBS 57XXX w/curtis plow
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...style=TRUCKS&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=200

1999 3/4ton Ford ext cab
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...style=TRUCKS&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=200

William

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Why do you want the Extra cab/longbed comb so bad? is it a necessity to have the xtracab? if so is it a necessity to have the longbed?
    That makes for a pretty unweildy truck, especially for plowing/towing a trailer.

I would go with the warranty/plow one myself. It's a year newer, less milage, already has a plow (saving you $$) and has a warranty remaining. You're looking for a worktruck so it being a WRT model should be no bigg loss, the silvarado interior will only get trashed anyway.

I thought I needed an xtra cab before I bought my Ram, but I absolutly had to have a long bed- after thinking about it I decided the std cab was better- I would only fill the xtra space with junk anyway,and the std cab forces me to clean out the cab every so often.

8. PremierLand

from detroit

im really leaning towards the reg cab with the plow.

9. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Honeslty Id go with the xcab, you'll be glad you have the space in the later years...just my .02 cents!!
    Ryan :waving:

10. PremierLand

from detroit

I'd like to, but the waranty really means alot to me, plus it has a plow and other stuff so I dont have to put any money in it execpt for some nice speakers, an amp, maybe tint the windows and maybe an alarm, but it might have that. so the reg cab is the way to go. IMO... like I said before, the waranty is worth it to me, boy I wish I had one with my old pos f150 lol

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

If you dont get the one with the warrenty you will look like this when something breaks...... :realmad:

Jason

12. PremierLand

from detroit

thats why im really really really really, oh did i mention, really, interested in the waranty one, I have a gut feeling that out of all the trucks ive looked at, that this truck would suit me best.

13. Stik208

What type of plow, and how many greenbacks?

Jason

14. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

do you really need all that stuff (nice speakers, amp, tint, alarm)?

15. PremierLand

from detroit

heck no... but its nice to have. ya its a work truck, but Im also 17 and want to have a sweet arse truck, even though it is already

16. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

You Have Probably Made Your Decision At This Time, Hope You Found The Truck That Satisfies Your Needs.i Regards To Extended Warrenties I Purchased A 1998 Dodge Ram 3/4 Ton 52,000 Miles $14000. It Had A Myers 7.5 Blade One Owner.i Bought It 9-28-04.since This Time I Have Had A Transfer Case Sitch Go Bad, Belly Pan Gasket Replaced A Seal In The Drive Shaft Go Bad And Two Cracked Cylander Heads. Grand Total= 3,300.after Extended Warrenty About 1000. My Point One You Really Never No What You Getting Even If It Is Checked Out, Which I Did And Two With A Used Vechicle With The Oppotion Of A Warrenty Ext Warr. In My Case It Has Saved Me 2,200.would I Like To Have Bought A New Truck Yes Could I Afford This No Current Payment 290 Could Co Up Another 100. So Be Prepared.

17. Stik208

Premiere,

What did you get?

Jason

18. PremierLand

from detroit

you'll find out at 10am tomorrow. lol

19. Stik208

What did you get???????