1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

take a look at this spreader!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by limargie25, Oct 27, 2004.

1. limargie25

limargie25 Guest

Has anyone ever seen or used the towable spreader in the link below? It would be perfect for me this winter but I would like any info anyone may have about it. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

2. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

i've seen it, but no experience with it-sorry man. looks real good though.
  3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

Obviously it would be a pain to have to get out and unhook it at each plow job, but looks decent other than that. Also, while salting if it's really slick you may have a problem backing up when you need to. Don't know if those are concerns for you, just a few thoughts......
  4. John from OH

John from OH Member

As one stated in another reply, unhooking at each job would become old soon. Unless you are in large vacant lots, you will spend alot of your salt spreading time backing up. Backing a towable unit would be a production killer. Looking at the tires, they appear to be lawn mower type tires, not highway tires. For the about the same money, you can get into a entry level tailgate spreader.
  5. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

I have used a trailer mounted spreader for 4 years now. It is a bit bigger than what I saw in ad. Never a mishap, plan ahead, it's tough to turn around, bigger spreader = less trips to the salt pile. Mine is 4.5 yd stainless mounted on a tandem axle gooseneck trailer.