1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tailgate vibrator wiring question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by twgranger, Jan 21, 2010.

1. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

Has anyone wired up a vibrator to a tailgate salter with the salter factory wiringing harness? so the vibrator comes on the same time as the salter? can it be done or no?

2. wls

wls Senior Member

I always did it seperate, did'nt want to take any power from the salter motor. Also, did'nt have to run the vibrator all the time, we used rock salt.

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Same here.....

4. procut

procut Senior Member

I cast my vote for seperate as well. Seems like a good way to burn out your controller wiring them together.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

You can on a western Spreader. I do it all the time, Three yrs and not one problem. I also do it seperate if thats what they request.

6. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

wire them seperate, just wired my z80 from Karrier and mounted the switch next to my controller

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I just have the viberator connected to a momentary switch. As long as you hold the button in it is on, otherwise it is off. I have found that it only takes a couple hits on the switch,and everything flows fine. I can't imagine why you would want it turned on more than a couple seconds every run.