1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate vibrator recommendation

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wildwilly, Jan 14, 2011.

1. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

GENTS:
    I HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO RUN BULK THROUGH MY 1075 SNOW EX TAILGATE SALTER. ALTHOUGH THERE ARE SEVERAL VIBRATORS ON THE MARKET THERE IS A LOCAL (FAIRLY) DISTRIBUTOR OF EARTHQUAKE VIBRATORS AVAILABLE TO ME AT A SUBSTANTIALLY CHEAPER PRICE.OF $180 (NO HARNESS)
    THE SMALLEST ONE THEY CARRY IS A 200LB. UNIT. I SPOKE WITH THE SALESMAN ABOUT USING THIS ON A TAILGATE SALTER AND HE ASSURED ME THAT AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ON FOR A LONG TIME IT WILL NOT DESTROY MY SALTING UNIT. I AM 90o/o RESIDENTIAL (MOSTLY SENIORS) AND MY COMMERCIAL DOES NOT REQUIRE SALT. RUNNING TIME OF THE VIBRATOR WILL NOT EXCEED 20-30 SECONDS PER APP.
    IS THE SALESGUY SH****G ME OR WILL I BE OKAY WITH HIS UNIT?
    THEIR AD SHOWS THE UNIT ON A TAILGATE SALTER.

THANKS BILLtymusic

2. Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

200 pounder is going to be way big on a tailgate spreader.

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

80lb from Angelos works great on my TGS05. Very violent when empty !

5. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I've got the 80lb Karrier on one of my little Snowex's, and man I would not go larger. Shakes the snot out of that thing as it is, can't imagine it would hold up with the 200lb unit! Think about the future too, maybe you would want to use it for larger stuff later, and if you are not able to run it longer without fear of damage it will have been a very costly $20 savings. Not only that but if it shakes the spreader apart you REALLY didn't save any money.

Just my .02

6. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

I wish to thank all that responded to my questions. I will be calling and ordering an 80 lb. next week. On the flipside...according to my wife, if I use capital letters, it is the equivilant of me shouting at the top of my lungs at everyone...so sorry if I hurt your ears...didn't mean to yell.
    thanks again Bill!!!