1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate strap upgrade

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Joe D, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I just wanted to post up a little project I did on my 98 GM. I had the crap cables for the tailgate supports and swapped over to the old style metal straps, that don't break. I got the parts at the bone yard and also bought a new handle and trim cover for the tailgate from the dealer.
    Very easy to swap over. Total cost 50 dollars
    The bone yard had 4 more set ups if anyone wants one I can get them for you, 10 dollars for the old parts and the dealer handle and trim cover were 40.
  2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That's good to know they fit. and way cheeper than new. These are over $50.00 with shipping.
    I helped a guy buy the name of VictoryRed over on Dieselplace make stainless ones again. He did them a while ago and eveyone wanted him to make more but he couldn't get the pins done. Well after that, I now have a set on my truck! Way better than the cables that rustwhere they are crimped. They are all stainless steel.

vr staps.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007