1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate spreaders

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowtime1, Nov 17, 2008.

1. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Looking to purchase a tailgate spreader to spread treated sand. I realize most are for salt, my thoughts are a 60%salt/40%sand mixture, can this be accomplished? Most of my research indicates freezing concern or wet, the equipment is stored indoors;travel time is minimal. thanks in advance for your assistance.ussmileyflag

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Thanks Kevin,

I also have retrieved some info on the western as well since the post.
    Although a bit pricey $2,000- ; I think it would be better served to purchase the 1.25 yd poly v-box. thanks for your quick reply, I will check out the fishers as well,hopefully the pricing isn't the same.

4. tc21

tc21 Member

If your interested a freind of mine has a fisher tailgate sander for sale. He's looking for $1000.00

5. tc21

tc21 Member

Sorry poor spelling.

6. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

TC21-
    Thanks, do you have a tel# to call or email.
    What model,year,pic etc. thanks.

7. tc21

tc21 Member

No problem.I get the info for you as soon as I can. He lives down the road from me.
    I find out soon.

8. tc21

tc21 Member

plow time I sent you a pm.

9. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

thanks, I got the pm...and returned one to you. purplebou

10. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Hey do you still have that buddy of yours with the Fisher tailgate spreader ? Let me know i have a 99 Chevy 2500 that i would like to get a tailgate spreader that will throw a salt/sand mix. Thanks