1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by limargie25, Sep 18, 2004.

1. limargie25

limargie25 Guest

I'm trying to find a good tailgate spreader. I have a condo complex with about 6 miles of roadways/parking lots to sand. I would like to spread sand and sand/salt mix is their a particular brand or model spreader that is better. Any help would be appreciated. Also does anyone know where I can buy sand/salt mix? I'm located on Cape Cod MA.
  2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

v box would be better wouldn't it. 6 miles of spreading seems you would be spending alot of time filling a tailgate.
  3. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Should be no question that the V box is the way to go.You would worn down loading a tailgate spreader every 10 minutes...
  4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

limargie25 -
    Best thing to do is take that '01 F350 and get yourself a V-hopper just like PSDF350 and CamLand said. 6 miles is an awful lot of spreading out of a tailgate spreader.

Just my .02¢
  5. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have a Sno-Way tailgate sander and trust me you will want a v-box. Small parking lots sometimes takes me filling it up 2 or 3 times :realmad: .