1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate Spreaders!!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FreshGrounder1, Dec 15, 2010.

1. FreshGrounder1

FreshGrounder1 Junior Member

Have a Fisher 1000. First time using, what to expect? Whats a good quality sand spreader for the price??

2. Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut Junior Member

How much does a Fisher 1000 run used?

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

They're good units. I ran one (actually a Grotech, which was the predecessor to the Fisher/Western/Blizzard units) for about 5 years. No problems, no complaints.

4. everestscape

everestscape Member

I've got a Fisher 1000 hangin back there and love it...i also have the variable speed controller which is key for some areas. I load it right to the top and the motor never gives and trouble light. I even did some upgrades with putting lights and strobes on it with a quick connect plug. i'll post pics soon.

5. FreshGrounder1

My Fisher 1000 is great for any bagged ice melt, but bulk dumped in my pickup doesnt sift well, and sand is out of the question dry or not, guess a drop in is best for sand or get a $400 vib kit....???

05 250
    05 Fisher HD w/pro wings
    Fisher 1000 tail
    4 strobe kit
    takedown amber lightbar

6. everestscape

everestscape Member

If sand is what you are after the SnowEx SandPro is really nice. My friend has one and I have used it several times and it does well.. Or the western ProFlow2. IMO

7. FreshGrounder1

Got the 1000 last year for $1200. Probably paid too much, but needed one STAT
    Will check out the snowex for sand

05 250 PowerStroke
    05 Fisher HD w/prowings
    Fisher 1000

8. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

SnowEx

I run several snowex 1875 spreaders and they work great. They are not the least to buy, but they are certainly dependable. We've been running our for six years now.

Check them out.