1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SantiniServices, Dec 16, 2007.

1. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

anybody running a tailgate speader on a dump truck

2. plowmaster1

plowmaster1 Junior Member

tail gate spreader

yea a Henderson tailgate spreader why?

3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a v box and buyers tailgate on 1 of my 1 tons. makes it easier to have a salter along with the sander.

4. hadley-plow-guy

hadley-plow-guy Member

I have a Buyers TGS05B on mine. Not top of the line but good for what I use it for.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Yea, whats the next question?

6. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

im interested ing getting one for my 08 f550 but need some ideas (companies styles ect)

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

GET A V-BOX ON THAT BIG B$TCH !!!!!!!!!

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I second the V box. Dual flow hydraulic.

9. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone have a video or link to how easy those things mount

10. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

No V-box

UR better off getting a tailgate spreader, to many moving parts on a v-box, u can't carry as much,u need a machine to take it in and out, the chain will rust up and not work uless u oil in in the summer time. With a tailgate spreader u put it on in november and leave it on till spring u can still use ur dump body for anything.

11. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Not sure if you have a pto provision or central hydraulics but I second the tailgate spreader. You still have fulll use of your dump body when not salting. It's easy to clean out and not alot of moving parts. I would go with a Buyers undertailgate, preferably stainless if you got the extra money. We have two of them and they work very well on our salt trucks. We also have a v-box and hate it. PM me if you have more questions.

12. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I have a knaphide tailgate spreader. You are PTO compatable with your 550. Tailgate spreader should be less money and will weigh 800lbs? less than a vbox thats 800lbs morepayup in back. I've had good luck with mine.

13. nicksplowing

If You Have A Loader Go With The Vbox Make A Ton More Profit On Bulk Salt Then Bagged ...... Also You Can Use The Loader To Take The Spreader Out When Not In Use....... And As Far As Maintenance Keep IT Clean When Done And OilED It You Should Have No Problems We Store Ours Inside A Sea Box We Built A Stand On Casters And Roll It In Where Theres A Will Theres A Way Good Luck Lots Of Good Pros And Cons Here From Everyone Merry Xmas To All

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I thought he was talking about an EZ8 type of spreader not a 500lb plastic spreader, I might be wrong though.

15. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

He is.....

16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

He is....... so someone didnt read the post... or is new and dosent have a clue :)

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think he misunderstood the post. He has way to much equipment to be new.:drinkup:

18. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

we have one and it works fine bu it's self contained with 5hp motor

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  19. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

powerjoke, do you have any more info on that spreader you are running I have seen one or two before and thought they were very interesting. but I couldn't find anything out about them on the internet. Any info would be great

20. nicksplowing

YES I DID MISUNDERSTAND CLAPPER I SEEN PEOPLE RESPONDING ABOUT THE BUYERS TSG'S AND THOUGHT THATS WHAT HE WAS INTERESTED IN SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE GUYS LITTLE:sleeping: THANKS CET GOOD LOOKING OUT:salute: