1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RYDER, Oct 3, 2005.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

My truck has a fiberglass lid is there a spreader that will not bolt to bed rail?

2. tmg

tmg Junior Member
    from S.E. MI

Yes there is. I have a tonneau on my truck so it worked out perfectly. No holes to put in bed or bumper of truck, it is very low profile, has an 800# capacity, internal auger and chain agitator, and uses the smart hitch system to attach/detach in seconds. It is a Boss product. I have one and love it! PM me and I will tell you all about it.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I know Buyers makes one that goes into your receiver hitch, I'm not sure sizes your anything, but they do make them.

4. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb Junior Member

Snow ex 575 slides into a receiver hitch and holds 5.75 cu. ft.

5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Thanks guys :waving:

6. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I have the boss smart hitch and love it
    :drinkup: :waving:

7. samk

samk Junior Member
    from NH

Meyer mate hooks up easy also has a vibrator on it

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

My Fisher Low Profile Model 1000 slides into the 2" receiver, holds (11) 50# bags of salt, the top of it is level with the top of the tailgate, it has a variable speed controller and this year I am adding the vibrator to help move wetter material.

9. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

The Boss smart hitch holds (16) 50# bags of salt 800lbs and the top of it is also level with the top of the tailgate, it has a variable speed controller and vibrator with a bag spliter grate, Stil cutting the bags open with a blade is better, and if you have it loaded with salt it still will lower it self so you can reload more material.