1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate spreader whats the best? Fisher?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DP Property, Aug 18, 2009.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Looking for a new tailgate salter for my 2006 F-350 I have had so many issues with snowex stuff im looking at other brands. Have any of you guys used a Fisher speedcaster? is there too much **** to go wrong on this model? I can't find any reviews also I think I need a swing away anyways cause I want to have the snowblower in the box. I am looking at western , fisher, meyers ?
  2. xc23

xc23 Member

I bought a used 2000 fisher swing away 2 years ago . Ran bagged salt through it the first year . worked prefect. Last year I tried bulk , bagged it my self an put it inside . Would not work at all .Until I bought a vibrator From central parts warehouse . The whole unit performed excellent. I just graduated to a s/s Vbox from smith but keeping the 2000 on my 1/2 Ton for small stuff. PS get the adjustable controler.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The Western and Fisher Pro Flo 2 are great spreaders. Also the Air-Flo MSS is a nice unit. A little smaller so you will need to load it more often but easier to see around while plowing.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The two stage units work better, like the Fisher or Western. Two stage is a must if you want to spread sand.