1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate spreader Spinner in center

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Envirocare Lawn, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Envirocare Lawn

Envirocare Lawn Junior Member
    from ohio

I am interested in purchasing a tailgate salt spreader to apply bulk salt out of the back of a dump truck. We currently have 3 Flink spreaders & one Warren spreader and all auger the salt out to an opening on the drivers side. What we would like is a spreader that augers the salt to a center chute and locate the spinner in the center of the truck. Does any one know who manufactures this type of salt spreader? V-Box or tailgate hoppers is not what we are looking for.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i think buyers does but i don't no if would be heavy duty enough for you. you should be able to shift the spinner motor to the right of the opening and then it will morevenly spread the material.
  3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

on the flink spreaders you can adjust the spinner to make it throw more evenly but no one makes a under-tailgate spreader with a center spinner although they do make dual spinner models.with one on each end its about as close as you can get.By the way even my v-box throws more to one side than the other as they all will because of spinner rotation.