1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate spreader help/advice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ladder6, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

I run a 2012 crew cab F350 diesel with a Fisher V Plow.
    In the market for a tailgate spreader and would like some feedback. I have some long driveways (800 feet) and a few smaller (15-30 car) lots I take care of. I'm done with broadcast spreading and shovels!!! Thank you for your input! Thumbs Up
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex 575.
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Fisher or the western 2500 models works well I bought used one last year and my son loves it on his truck I had to put in the augur new ones come with it now
    I found out spreads evenly running it backwards and never plug up once last winter
    Running it forward seems dump to fast but during a Ice storm I'll switch it back to forward

I have thought about buying another one to run on another truck Save on me running around with V box so much
  4. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

Thank you for the input!