1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tailgate spreader and sand

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by buckwheat_la, Nov 5, 2009.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i saw a similar thread, but didn't see the answer to the question, so i am going to ask, is there a tailgate spreader that is rated for sand, i have looked around and all the tailgate spreaders i have found are rated for bag salt, but don't recommend using sand, any thoughts
  2. standenc

standenc Junior Member

Theres a few out there western has pro flow 2 which is a 2 stage , Fisger has somthing similiar I believe snowway makes one and snow ex makes one I personaly own a snow ex 1875 sand pro works great holds about 750lbs of material. Spreads salt bulk or bag and sand. But it all comes down to what fits your needs what color you may want i believe they are all good products they all have there pros & cons.
  3. buckwheat_la

i well check out snowway and snow ex, i am looking for something i would guess a lot like your snow ex 1875
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Most of them will spread sand but it must be DRY.
    My Western 1000 will spread snad just fine.
    I usually run a salt/sand mix.
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I just purchased the SnoEx Sand pro 1875. Can't wait to give it a try!
  6. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

My Buyers spreads sand/salt just fine. I just have to be vigilant that there are no big clumps in it.
  7. buckwheat_la

thinking of the buyers TGS05B any thoughts on this spreader, also the sand we use is a larger aggreate sand, about 1/4inch and smaller mix, it is nice because it doesn't clump very much, any thoughts on this spreader
  8. buckwheat_la

bump this for a friend