1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate sander and trailer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by winteroasis, Aug 25, 2006.

1. winteroasis

winteroasis Junior Member

Does any one have a tailgate sander that can be easily removed, so you can pull a trailer. I have be looking at a fisher speed caster 2 but they look pretty big to be taking on and off all the time. Does anyone have a Speed Caster 2 how do they work?

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

They work like a salt spreader, genrally hard to take off and put on. Butt work great for spreading salt.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Boss would be the easiest.

4. winteroasis

winteroasis Junior Member

I went to talk with the fisher dealer today he suggested a Poly-Caster looked pretty easy to remove and put back. Didn't cost too much more than a tailgate and is alot bigger. Has any of you used one of these before or is this the first year?

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I too am looking for reviews on the Fischer Poly-Caster (same as Western Tornado).

If someone could please help us out that would be great. Thanks for your help.

I am following the advice of many and not buying the snow-ex 6000 for my 3/4 ton with a 6 foot bed.