1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate salter?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by STRONGARM, Nov 24, 2008.

STRONGARM Senior Member

I have just had a 9cu ft tailgate salter installed, I am wondering what everyone thinks about them . I have always used a tailgate with a metal spinner, this one is plastic. The problem is that I can't here the salt comming out of the spreader. Is there a metal one I can buy from sno-way?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No they don't sell a steel spinner for the SW9.

You've got excellent hearing:salute:
  3. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

Strongarm you need to watch the shaft in that spreader. We have three and have had major problems with that coated shaft rusting and locking up the spreader causing hundreds in repairs. The local dealer gave us some chincy poly bearing to replace the origional bearing. I highly recomend you finding someone that will make you a solid stainless shaft like the old optiflows had. After we did this swap the spreaders are great. One the hearing the salt. We installed small 2" x 2" squares of stainless to the back side of the spreader. This is mounted loosly on screws so that the salt will ping when it hits it.