1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate Salter summer storage frame

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, May 9, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I got tired of bust'n a nut trying to move my salter by myself so I made a frame that bolts onto the salter that will stand it up on its own and allows me to move it around with my 2 wheel dolly.

salter_frame.jpg

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The dolly comes in handy once again! Nice setup. How much does that spreader weigh?

3. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Nice set up. I'll be building one this weekend.

Thaks

J & B

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Work smart not hard!!! I like it, good idea!!!

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks!, Yes the dolly sure is handy - not sure how I made it without it before... oh yeah, now I remember I was in my 20's:p

The salter only ways about 160lbs, just very awkward.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Heck 160 lbs. to lug around by yourself is not an easy task. I need to come up with some racks or something for my three point attatchments for my tractor. I have a good set up now, but your's just looks too good!