1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate Salter Spinner removal Trynex tailgate Snowex

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by misanthrope, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Has anyone changed out the spinner on a Trynex tailgate salter? ( I.E. SnowEx ,Lesco)I would like to remove my existing and sandblast it or replace it all together. I have a SnowEx 575. The bottom where the motor lives is riveted. I assume you need to open the bottom cover and remove the motor and shaft so you can get the spinner off.
    Ideas? Suggestions?
    Thanks

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 575 also.........is there a set screw on the auger?? I can't remember. If so remove the hopper and take the auger and spinner off that way...... There are plenty of sites that offer new metal, alum, and poly spinners......

3. humm

there is a crusty bolt (setscrew?) that is on the spinner it self. Come to think of it that might be the best way. i dont recal if there is anything that would block the spinner once it gets to the top of the shaft. I'll check today.

4. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Removing spinner from 575 or 1075

how did you make out I am having the same problem- I removed the set screw and used lots of fluid film and some heat but can't get the spinner to move?? How did you make out?