1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate Mounted Sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sdplowing, Sep 17, 2007.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Does anybody use the Fisher Speed Caster 2, Western ProFlow 2, or the one by Trynex? Do they stick out the back much further than a v-box? I want to go with one of these models because I may have some accounts that want just salt and some sand/salt mix.

Sean

2. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

This thread went over like a fart in church:eek: Nobody has used one of these?

3. rjets00

rjets00 Member

I use the pro-flow 2, it sticks out about 20 past the bed. I personally love the spreader, I'm able to get bulk allot cheaper than bag salt. I also like that you can see around the unit when backing up. The only thing to keep in mind is its hard to put on by yourself I usually use a come along to put mine on.

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a pro flow 2 .... works great just keep the belt tightened. Sticks out about the same as a vbox but if you dont have the accounts, machine, or place to store the salt a vbox isnt worth it. I get about 1/2 yd into my pro-flow 2 but I also run 2 more vboxes so .... Find a used one on ebay, thats what I did.

5. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Have either of you guys run sand/salt mix through them? How'd they do? Up here sand/salt is the popular thing. What do you do when some accounts want salt and some want sand/salt?

6. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I havent but Ive heard of some guys doing it without a problem. I run straight bulk, sometimes dry, sometimes super wet. Once in awhile the wetter stuff stalls the conveyer at first but just get out spin the spinner and its good to go. It only stalls after driving without spreading for a long time.

Ken